Too lazy and slightly shocked to copy, paste and spiff-up the press release. Brian already posted most of the details over at The In Box.
Funny thing, I’m not sure this is really a bad thing. No motorized access to the Moose River Plains? Doesn’t really bum me out too much.
- Changes planned for Moose River Plains
- Commentary: On Roads and DEC Conspiracies
- Hope for Moose River Plains roads after Albany meeting
- Road closure rally slated for May 29
- Moose River Plains closed to vehicles and at the Forum
- DEC drops assistant rangers
- Old Roads in Limbo – It’s fun to dredge up all this stuff.
- DEC to keep roads closed in area forests – This should be a bigger story down there, since many are in Warren County.
- List of NYS Forests Roads Closed in Region 9 – Not just “targeting the North Country”
- Officials angry over road closures – “Hamilton County officials are livid over the state’s plan to close the Moose River Plains Recreation Area to motor vehicles, saying it will hurt the region’s economy, intensify political tensions, and harden stances against land acquisitions by the state.”
- Pharaoh Lake Wilderness: The Battle of Crane Pond Road – “Two decades ago, some Adirondackers forced the state to back down from a decision to close Crane Pond Road inside the Pharaoh Lake Wilderness.”
- The Moose River Plains Conspiracy
- County official protests to governor