I’m always interested in the hunting stats when they come out.
Things I noted in the data:
- 521 Black Bears were harvested in the Adirondacks in 2010.
- 2010 Calculated NYS Legal Deer Take is 230,100 (a lot of venison)
- City of Plattsburgh had 8 Bucks Harvested?
- Big spike in 2003 for a record of 1,370 Adirondack Bears harvested
- Deer take also peaked around 2003 (what happened in 2003?)
- St Lawrence is the top county with 97 Bears taken
“Deer hunters play a crucial role, benefiting all New Yorkers, by helping to maintain deer numbers at levels that are ecologically and socially appropriate, and we appreciate their participation,” Commissioner Martens said.
I guess socially appropriate means those deer are in the wrong place.
I’m loaded for Beer.