As of June 3, 2015:
See the Adirondack Trail Information web pages for more information.
Blue Mountain Lake Wild Forest/Township 19 Conservation Easement
- O’Neill Flow Road is open to motor vehicles to the gate at Barker Pond Road.
- Barker Pond Road is be open to motor vehicles to the Barker Pond parking lot.
Moose River Plains
- Moose River Plains (Limekiln Lake-Cedar River) Road is open to motor vehicles its whole length from the Limekiln Lake gate near Inlet to the Cedar River Gate near Indian Lake.
- Otter Brook Road is open to motor vehicles to the Squaw Lake barrier.
- Rock Dam Road remains closed.
Perkins Clearing/Speculator Tree Farm
- All roads designated for public motor vehicle traffic on the Perkins Clearing and Speculator Tree Farm Conservation Easements are open.
- The section of Jessup River Road, in the Perkins Clearing Conservation Easement, leading to the Spruce Lake Trailhead is soft and should only be traveled by four-wheel drive trucks, SUVs and other high axle vehicles.
Essex Chain Lakes Complex
- The Shadow Dam Gate and the Cornell/Deer Pond Road will be closed for 1-2 weeks beginning Monday, June 8 to allow for replacement of one of the bridges on the road which is in poor condition.
- Chain Lakes Road South is open for motor vehicle access to the Old Gooley Club Parking Area.
- Chain Lakes Road North and Drakes Mill Road are open to allow for public motor vehicle access to the Hudson River/Polaris Bridge Parking Area.
Lake George Wild Forest
- Gay Pond Road in the Hudson River Recreation Area is open to motor vehicles but is rough.
- Buttermilk Road Extension in the Hudson River Recreation Area is closed to all motor vehicles.
- Lily Pond Road off State Route 8 south of Brant Lake is open to motor vehicles.
- Jabe Pond Road off Split Rock Road and State Route 9N west of Lake George is open to motor vehicles.
- Dacy Clearing Road is open to motor vehicles from the Hogtown Parking Lot to Dacy Clearing, it may be rough in spots.
Reminder: Seasonal access roads are rough, dirt or gravel roads. Four wheel drive trucks, SUVs and other high axle vehicles are recommended.