Entries Tagged as 'wordpress'
December 18th, 2008 · 3 Comments · News
Most readers won’t notice a thing, but if you’re on the other end…..Administrative Interface Heaven.
I’m actually thinking of giving ready-to-rock websites for Christmas as a fun and different gift. Super-easy and you can do it too. Or get one for yourself. As they say:
It’s as Easy as…
- Find a Web Host and get great hosting while supporting WordPress at the same time.
- Download & Install WordPress with the famous 5-minute installation.
- Consult the Documentation ask questions, and become a WordPress WordPress fan-expert yourself.
June 11th, 2008 · 4 Comments · Destination Marketing
OK, I’m kinda sorta excited in a ho-hum “land n’ leave” sort of way. Looks like my pals at the XXXXXXXX have decided to take off their Blogger/Blogspot training-wheels and get on a machine with real CMS power. Excellent move, but….
- Why announce if you’re not ready? The default Meta and Blogroll items on the sidebar? Gone.
- The About page. Gads, just delete it or hide it. Deleted.
This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
- Something about that “Search” bar continues to scream Splog!
- Pretty Permalinks please.
- 2.3.3 lacks tagging.
- Question: Who’s doing this? In-house? Agency? The photographer guy?
- Somebody probably told them that they were overloading the meta tags before, now there are none.
- Whoever cares about SEO should call me.
May 18th, 2008 · 1 Comment · Destination Marketing
“You’re 5 years ahead of your time.” That’s what someone told me when I suggested adding a “blog” to our site. Heck, I wanted to use it exclusively as the Content Management System. Maybe if I get someone else to sing this tune, it will be more effective.
March 6th, 2008 · No Comments · Destination Marketing
I have no idea why Command-Tab created this picture, but I like it.
Update: WordPress 2.5 Delayed a Week
October 10th, 2007 · No Comments · Miscellania
I’m really digging the new tagging feature that version 2.3 has implemented. It’s not a world-changing paradigm shift or anything, but it is a significant enhancement to the existing method of taxonomy.
What does all that mean? If I had more time, I’d go on forever. Suffice it to say that there is going to be some category housekeeping going on. I really appreciate the thoughtful inclusion of the powerful, but dangerous category to tags converter. How about a tag to category if I screw up?
I need to give this whole thing a think. What do I do with del.icio.us? It would be really cool if any of my tags automatically became del.cio.us tags. Anyway, hope everyone bears with me while I suss things out.