Dork that I may be, I admit to flying many a bush-plane on Flight Simulator; I discovered one of my favorite local landing spots is up for sale. There’s a craigslist ad which seems to confirm this.
Dude! I totally want this place. It might sound quite “Adirondack” at first, but read on for a really mind-blowing treat:
ESCAPE TO YOUR OWN MOUNTAIN GETAWAY
Nestled in the Adirondack State Park between Lake Champlain and Lake Placid along the Saranac River valley in Saranac, NY. Adirondack Airpark Estates (NY17) is the perfect getaway . Abundant wildlife and tall pines grace the property. The area offers endless outdoor activities year-round including golf, world class skiing, fishing, boating, kayaking , backpacking, hunting, horseback riding and more… A short drive brings you to Lake Placid, Plattsburgh, Saranac Lake and Montreal. Local fire emergency and medical help are within five miles. (link)
Sounds pretty dang awesome.
It gets even better – Missile Silo Luxury Home:
- Exclusive Airport Subdivision Nestled in Upstate NY’s Adirondack State Park
- FAA/DOT approved private paved runway
- Up to 100 acres of manicured ground, forest and trails
- Privacy, security and low taxes. Year-round activities.
- Knowledgeable caretaker available.
ATLAS-F MISSILE SILO HOME FEATURES (above ground)
- 2000 sf 28 window open floor plan home w/ kitchen, island fireplace and wrap around covered porch and hanger/garage.
Master suite and 2 additional baths complete the surface part of this beautiful mountain chalet.
- Surface home acts as surface entrance to large 125′ long stairwell leading to LCC and Silo or use a unique escape hatch which will bring one to the upper LLC.
LAUNCH CONTROL CENTER (LCC) (below ground)
- 2 Story 3′ thick epoxy resin formulated concrete reinforced with stainless steel mesh structure is 40′ diameter containing 2300 sf luxury home with full kitchen, dinning, entertainment center, with 2 private suites and exquisite marble baths with Jacuzzi.
- Contemporary fiber optic effect lighting along with natural sunlight rendition back lighting. Has escape hatch leading directly to surface home garage above. High circulation venting (two 18″ vent tubes.)
- Video surveillance exposing 360 degree view of surface.
- 4 wells / 200 amp electrical / phone / satellite / 1800 gallon septic
- Climate constant/approx. 58 degree earth ambient temperature.
- 50′ Diameter X 185′ / 9 floor steel superstructure.
- Entire steel superstructure hangs from gigantic spring suspension system designed to absorb shock of a direct nuclear hit.
- Unlimited Possibilities!!!
- Original Gov’t cost for complex in 1958
- $18 Million (Present value is near $100 Million)
- “2.3M CASH only.”
So cool. These features would surely satisfy my every need.
I wonder if I can get a loan?